Open Market Law: Towards Market Unity
01 April 2022
The seminar “OPEN MARKET LAW: TOWARDS MARKET UNITY”, organized in collaboration with the Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment of the Community of Madrid, was held last Thursday, 31 March. The purpose of this seminar was to debate and reflect upon the relevant aspects of a law that aims to simplify administrative aspects and influence economic activity. Thus, CUNEF joins other flagship organizations and institutions in the discussion of the effects of the fragmentation of the national market.
The opening ceremony was conducted by Javier Fernández-Lasquetty, Regional Minister of Economy, Finance and Employment, while Isabel Díaz Ayuso, President of the Community of Madrid, conducted the closing ceremony.
- Opening ceremony
- Discussion Table 1: “Market unity, an ongoing challenge”
- Jaime García-Legaz (Professor at IE Business School. State Economist and Trade Expert)
- Antonio Robles Martín-Laborda (Professor at UC3M and Chairman of the Academic Network for the Defence of Competition)
- Mr Miguel Temboury (Expert in Public Law)
- Discussion Table 2: “The cost of regulatory fragmentation”
- Juan de Lucio (Titular Professor at UAH – Echegaray Excellence Programme)
- Gregorio Izquierdo (General Director of the Institute of Economic Studies)
- Miguel Almunia (Director of the Economics Department at CUNEF).
- Discussion Table 3: “The perspective of employers on the Open Market Law”
- Mr Miguel Garrido de la Cierva (President of the CEIM and Vice-President of the CEOE)
- Mr Ángel Asensio (President of the Chamber of Commerce of Madrid)
- Mr Antonio Lence (CEO of Grupo Viena Capellanes and President of the AMEF)
- Ms Inmaculada Peiró (Managing Director of Agremia, Energy Sector Installers Association)
- Closing ceremony of the seminar “Open Market Law: Towards Market Unity”