18 septiembre 2020
Double Degree in Law and Business Administration - Honours Program
Double Degree - Honours Program
TYPE OF EDUCATION:
English and Spanish
Admission process open for 2020/2021 academic year
CUNEF offers students the possibility of studying a Double Degree in Law and BBA – Honours Program. This Double Degree is a very demanding program that requires organization, planning, synthesis and additional effort. In compensation, this double qualification opens the door to excellent professional opportunities in business management, in private banking and investment banking, in strategic consultancy, in large international corporate services companies, in large multinational law firms, and in national and international civil service corporations.
Our high standards as well as the outstanding qualification make our graduate students own a very fitting profile for the market, as well as provide the tools needed to build their own company and transform their ideas into realities.
The Double Degree in Law and BBA – Honours Program is a highly demanding program which calls for substantial inputs of organization, planning and effort from students. In return, this dual qualification offers participants outstanding professional opportunities in national and international company management, private and investment banking, strategic consultancy, major international business service firms (auditors and consultants) the leading national and international legal practices and public authorities.
Qualification title: Double Degree in Law and Business Administration + Honours Program
Centre Responsible: CUNEF
Academic year of launch: 2017-2018
Minimum number of ECTS per enrolment and teaching period
- Minimum ECTS: 30
- Maximum ECTS: 74
- Minimum ECTS: Credits for the year
- Maximum ECTS: Credits for the year + 36
- Minimum ECTS: 30
- Maximum ECTS: 74
- Minimum ECTS: Credits for the year
- Maximum ECTS: Credits for the year + 36
CUNEF offers students the possibility of studying a Bilingual Double Degree in Laws and Business Administration. This Double Degree is a very demanding program that requires organization, planning, synthesis and additional effort. In compensation, this double qualification opens the door to excellent professional opportunities in business management, in private banking and investment banking, in strategic consultancy, in large international corporate services companies, in large multinational law firms, and in national and international civil service corporations.
<strong>What is it?</strong>
A higher standards learning experience designed to meet the expectations of a selected group of highly motivated students with an exceptional commitment to the study of Law and Business Administration.
<strong>Whom is it for?</strong>
Top-performing students with a sense of urgency for change and cultural disruption.
<strong>Why at CUNEF?</strong>
Faculty, facilities, technologies and tools that best support the highest active learning experience.
The program is designed to create a stimulating environment in which teaching excellence, ad-hoc curricular activities and interaction among peers encourage honours graduates to:
- Develop the analytical skills to succeed in Law and Business Administration
- Combine theoretical rigour with critical thinking
- Master their ability to effectively organize, structure and communicate their thoughts
- Increase their knowledge and get a deeper understanding of business world issues.
What is special about Honours?
- Scholarships and housing
- International exchanges and study tours
- “Start up a business” final project
- Extracurricular activities:
- Interactive seminars; guest speaker sessions; round tables; company visits; cultural events, etc..
- Mentoring, training and orientation
The CUNEF Double Degree in Law and BBA – Honours Program provides students with professional training, knowledge, skills and abilities that are highly sought after in a professional context. The fundamental goals of the double qualification are as follows:
- First of all, students acquire a sound understanding of the nature of a company and its relationship with the immediate, national and international economic context. Students likewise acquire a sound knowledge of the legal system fully entitling them to practise as a lawyer in the public sector and the world of business, performing functions such as legal advice, legal representation and defence, notarial functions, public management, responsibility for public registers, defence of citizens’ rights, management and coordination in both the private and public spheres, mediation, reconciliation and arbitration, all the way up to judgment and enforcement. The aim in this regard is to train professionals who combine knowledge of legal theory and a comprehensive understanding of all areas connected with the Law, and an ability to lead project development and efficiently adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- The second aim is to explore in greater depth the methods and techniques of business management and administration: Theory of organisation. Strategic management. Policy and commercial strategy decisions. Financing structure. Tactical and strategic decisions connected with the production/operations area Setting of targets, policies and human resource planning. Information and management support systems. The necessary legal training is also provided to hold positions of responsibility at the legal departments of national and international companies in industry, trade, banking, insurance, development cooperation, etc.
- Students are thirdly trained in the quantitative skills required to perform in the world of business: basic elements of linear algebra, differential and integral calculus, mathematical optimisation, mathematics of financial operations, descriptive statistics, probability, statistical inference, simple regression and explanatory variable models.
- Participants also gain familiarity with the processes of decision-making, analysis and summary skills, communication and teamwork. As well as the abilities needed to analyse and resolve legal problems, to apply knowledge in practice, receive and convey information in other languages, and use information and telecommunications technologies.
- Students have the chance to supplement their training with practical placements at a company through the educational cooperation programmes, and international training periods through exchange programmes established with a range of international institutions and universities.
- One final aim is to raise participants’ awareness of socially committed values and principles in accordance with the demands of stakeholders and of society at large.
The skills acquisition process takes place through the modules and subjects that make up the Double Degree course. How aptitudes are acquired will of course depend on the student’s stage on the Double Degree course, with skills being learned at initial, intermediate and advanced levels, as is standard practice within the European university system.
The horizontal and specific skills acquired by students focus on preparing them to engage in professional pursuits corresponding to the qualification offered.
The way the skills are designed likewise complies with the provisions of the ‘MECES’ framework for higher education qualifications in Spain.
The CUNEF Double Degree in Law and BBA – Honours Program is structured as follows:
- In the first year (first and second semesters) the basic ECTS credits are covered.
- These will be followed by the mandatory subjects, running from the second year to the fifth year.
- Part of the eleventh semester (sixth year) will be spent on placements at a company/legal practice or elective subjects, and the Final Degree Project. Students are nonetheless able to complete the Double Degree earlier by covering these subjects in their fifth academic year.
Over the course of eleven semesters, students will also receive supplementary training in such subjects as IT, Personal Skills, Information Management and Business English.
|012900003||Derecho Romano: Historia e Instituciones||Spanish||8||Basic|
|012900005||Principles of Business Management||Bilingual||6||Basic|
|012900006||Historia del Derecho||Spanish||6||Basic|
|012900007||Introduction to Economics||Bilingual||6||Basic|
|012900008||Mathemathics for Business I||Bilingual||6||Basic|
|012900009||Teoría del Derecho||Spanish||6||Basic|
|012900000||Financial Accounting I||Bilingual||6||Basic|
|012900001||Derecho Civil I||Spanish||6||Basic|
|012900002||Derecho Constitucional I||Spanish||6||Basic|
|012900010||Principles of Business Finance Administration||Bilingual||6||Basic|
|012900020||Mathemathics for Business II||Bilingual||6||Basic|
|Total first year||74|
|012900072||Financial Accounting II||Bilingual||6||Mandatory|
|012900013||Derecho Civil II||Spanish||7||Mandatory|
|012900015||Derecho Constitucional II||Spanish||8||Mandatory|
|012900004||Statistics for Business I||Bilingual||6||Basic|
|012900023||Industrial and Company Sociology||Bilingual||3||Mandatory|
|012900016||Derecho Eclesiástico del Estado||Spanish||5||Mandatory|
|012900017||Derecho Internacional Público||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900018||Derecho Penal I||Spanish||7||Mandatory|
|Total second year||72|
|012900025||Derecho Administrativo I||Spanish||8||Mandatory|
|012900026||Derecho Civil III||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900028||Derecho Penal II||Spanish||7||Mandatory|
|012900032||Statistics for Business II||Bilingual||6||Mandatory|
|012900027||Derecho del Trabajo||Spanish||8||Mandatory|
|012900029||Derecho Procesal I (Civil)||Spanish||5||Mandatory|
|012900034||Valuation and Security Analysis||Bilingual||5||Mandatory|
|Total third year||66|
|012900037||Derecho Administrativo II||Spanish||8||Mandatory|
|012900038||Derecho Civil IV||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900041||Derecho Procesal II (Civil)||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900044||Principles of Marketing||Bilingual||6||Mandatory|
|012900073||Business Analysis Using Financial Statements||Bilingual||6||Mandatory|
|012900039||Derecho Financiero y Tributario I||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900040||Derecho Mercantil I||Spanish||8||Mandatory|
|012900042||Human Resources Management||Bilingual||6||Mandatory|
|Total fourth year||60|
|012900047||Analysis and Financial Planning||Bilingual||5||Mandatory|
|012900049||Derecho Financiero y Tributario II||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900051||Derecho Mercantil II||Spanish||8||Mandatory|
|012900052||Derecho Procesal III (Penal)||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900057||Sistema Fiscal I||Spanish||3||Mandatory|
|012900050||Derecho Internacional Privado||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900055||Filosofía del Derecho||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900058||Sistema Fiscal II||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|Total fifth year||64|
|012802296||Consolidación de Estados Financieros||Spanish||4||Elective|
|012802304||Dirección Internacional de la Empresa||Spanish||4||Elective|
|012900157||Estatuto Societario para PYMES: SRL y SPEX||Spanish||6||Elective|
|012802300||Mercados Financieros Nacionales e Internacionales||Spanish||4||Elective|
|012900074||Trabajo Fin de Grado-ADE||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900059||Trabajo Fin de Grado-Derecho||Spanish||6||Mandatory|
|012900155||Tutela del crédito y procesos especiales.||Spanish||6||Elective|
|Total sixth credits||24|
Credit summary (1 ECTS= 25 hours of work)
Basic Training Credits: 86
Mandatory Credits: 268
Elective Credits: 12
* In the first term of Year 6, students must complete 12 ECTS from among the elective subjects offered, or perform the External Practical Placement.
|Spheres of knowledge||Number of Lecturers||PhDs||Accredited|
|Finance and Accounting||17||15||2|
Our external academic placements are a training initiative undertaken by students and supervised by CUNEF with the aim of supplementing the knowledge acquired in class, underpinning the acquisition of skills to prepare students for professional life so as to increase their employability and expand their entrepreneurial capacity. They can be performed at the University itself or at such partner bodies as companies, institutions and public and private entities at the national and international level. Business placements represent a fundamental adjunct to training, and mark the first step in entering the professional world. They can be combined with study, and will help you:
- Supplement your training with a practical focus applied to professional reality.
- Acquire practical experience of the working methodologies used at the company.
- Develop a range of technical and attitudinal skills.
- Obtain practical experience that will then make it easier for you to enter the world of work.
- Underpin such values of innovation, creativity, enterprise and many more.
Type of business placement
There are two formats of external academic placement:
- Curricular: forming part of the Course Curriculum. The Practical Placement subject corresponds to this mode.
- Extracurricular: undertaken by students on a voluntary basis during their education, without forming part of the corresponding Course Curriculum. This will however be covered by the Diploma Supplement, as established in the regulations in force
|Number of ECTS||- 6 ECTS Degree in Law |
- 12 ECTS Degree in BBA
|Nature of the subject||Elective, Degree in BBA. Elective, Degree in Law|
|Duration||150 hours (minimum Practical Placements in Law).|
300 hours (minimum Practical Placements in BBA)
|Requirements||- Enrolment on any educational course delivered by CUNEF. Students must be enrolled at CUNEF throughout the duration of the practical placement. |
-Students that have any fourth examination session subject pending will not be able to sign the Agreement until this has been passed.
|Where do I find practical placement offers?||CUNEF students can find practical placement offers through: |
CUNEF Career Centre
CUNEF International Career Centre
|When can curricular placements be performed?||Once 180 ECTS have been completed.|
|Teaching Guide for practical placements|
|Specific CUNEF regulations|
|Educational cooperation agreement format|
|Final report form|
Double Degree Academic Norms
Official Law Documentation
Official BBA Documentation
Article 31 of the Spanish Universities Act reform (Act 4/2007) addresses Quality Assurance, laying down the need to establish quality assurance criteria to facilitate evaluation, certification and accreditation, viewing quality assurance as an essential purpose of university policy. The new organisational structure for universal education established by Royal Decree 1393/2007, and the subsequent amendment in Royal Decree 861/2010, includes quality assurance as one of the basic elements that a course curriculum must include.
Spanish Universities Act 6/2001, of 21 December 2001, and the reform applied to this by Act 4/2007, of 12 April 2007, Article 31 of which addresses Quality Assurance , lays down the need to establish quality assurance criteria to facilitate evaluation, certification and accreditation, viewing quality assurance as an essential purpose of university policy. Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29 October 2007, amended by Royal Decree 861/2010, of 2 July 2010, establishing the regulations governing official university education, clearly indicates that «Quality Assurance Systems, which form a part of the new course curricula, likewise provide the basis for the new educational structure to function efficiently and to generate the trust on which the process of qualification accreditation relies«. The establishment of a Quality Assurance System is thus included in the new official university education regulations as a condition of the process of qualification verification and accreditation.
CUNEF has defined the structure of its Internal Quality Assurance System, known as the ‘Sistema Interno de Garantía de Calidad’ or ‘SIGC’, and the procedures governing this function, in accordance with the demands of Royal Decree 1393/2007, amended by Royal Decree 861/2010.
The SIGC allows CUNEF to ascertain the development of its official qualifications, in support of transparency, the inclusion of continuous improvement strategies and the systematic organisation of actions effectively contributing to qualifications quality assurance and efficiency in processes to appraise verification, monitoring and renewal of mandatory official qualifications accreditation.
The CUNEF SIGC has the following structure: Degree Quality Committee, Master’s Programme Quality Committee and Doctorate Quality Committee, Technical Quality Unit, Academic and Management Unit.
The Quality Committees are responsible for monitoring the implementation of the degree, master’s and doctorate programmes taught at CUNEF. These Committees analyse and appraise the development of the qualifications, making proposals for review and improvement that will be submitted to the Academic Committee and CUNEF Management to be taken into account where applicable.
These committees have the following responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate the Internal Quality Assurance System and monitor this process.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality targets, external practical placements and mobility programmes.
- Draw up the regulations governing the functioning of the Quality Committees, and make the corresponding proposals to the Academic Committee and the Director of CUNEF for approval.
- Gather information and evidence as to the development and application of the training programme for the qualification (objectives, development of teaching and learning, methodology, etc.).
- Manage the Information System for the qualification (information, support and guidance for students, coordination of teaching staff, qualification course resources, mobility programmes, external practical placements, etc.).
- Supervise fulfilment of the quality policy for the qualification in accordance with the CUNEF quality policy and the UCM quality policy.
- Promote specific actions to encourage the use of new teaching methodologies and to disseminate and raise awareness of good practice in the field of quality.
- Draw up guidelines for the development of information systems as to objectives, available resources, management and results of the qualifications course intended for lecturers, students and admin and support staff.
The Academic Committee (see composition in Table 1) is responsible for coordinating improvement proposals connected with qualifications and for decision-making in this regard. The Director of CUNEF is ultimately responsible for validating the decisions reached by the Academic Committee. Each Quality Committee comprises:
- The coordinators/directors of the applicable official qualifications in each case (degree, master’s and doctorate programme),
- The representatives (at least one per qualification) of the lecturers teaching each qualification,
- The representatives (one per qualification) of students sitting for the qualification as candidates,
- Up to a maximum of three representatives from the professional sphere of university qualifications delivered by CUNEF (where there are alumni among these representatives, they will be selected from this group), and a representative of admin and support staff.
The Degree Quality Committee is currently in operation (see composition in Table 2). It oversees the proper development of official CUNEF qualifications, and can be sent any comments connected with the quality of qualifications via the suggestions box.
The Quality Committees meet at least twice per year and are governed by the Quality Committee Functional Regulation approved on 24 November 2014.
Degree Quality Committee
|Mercedes Gracia Díez||Coordinadora del Grado en ADE, Responsable de Calidad y Presidente de la Comisión|
|José Javier Galán Ruiz||Coordinador del Grado en Derecho.|
|Guillermo Velasco Fabra||Representante PDI|
|Francisco Javier Sosa Álvarez||Representante PDI|
|Javier Sánchez Hernández||Representante PAS. Secretario de la Comisión.|
|Begoña Menéndez Rodríguez||Representante PAS|
|Pablo Romanillos Pardo de Santayana||Representante Estudiantes|
|Felipe Julián Vázquez Sánchez||Representante Estudiantes|
|Cecilia de la Rosa González||Representante de los Egresados|
ICM-1 – New enrolment places offered (authorised by the UCM)
ICM-2 – New enrolment
ICM-3 – Percentage cover
ICM-4 – Qualification performance rate
ICM-5 – Degree dropout rate
ICM-6 – Teaching Evaluation Programme participation rate
ICM-7 – Alumni Efficiency rate
ICM-8 – Graduation rate
IUCM-1 – Success rate
IUCM-2 – First choice degree demand rate
IUCM-3 – Second and subsequent choice degree demand rate
IUCM-4 – Degree suitability rate
IUCM-8 – Teaching Evaluation Program participation rate
IUCM-13 – Student satisfaction with the qualification
IUCM-14 – Lecturer satisfaction with the qualification
IUCM-15 – Centre Admin and Support Staff satisfaction
IUCM-16 – Qualification Appraisal Rate
*ICM – Madrid Regional Government Indicators
*IUCM – Universidad Complutense de Madrid Indicators
CUNEF is a highly specialised university education institution focused on the world of business management, finance and financial markets and instruments, and law. Our Degree and Postgraduate programmes set the standard in their respective fields.
To maintain this prestigious standing, CUNEF is committed to the continuous improvement of the teaching, research and services it provides as part of its quality commitment.
In accordance with its equality policy, CUNEF aims to fulfil the reasonable needs and expectations of its students, lecturers, admin and support staff, governing bodies and society at large. To this end the Centre defines the following quality objectives:
- Pursue excellence in the education given to its students, combining cutting-edge knowledge with an eminently professional focus.
- Offer its students the very best lecturers for their specialist qualifications in each operational sphere, combining knowledge and educational vocation with lengthy professional management experience in their respective fields.
- Consolidate its image as a University Centre of acknowledged standing.
- Underpin its professional network of lecturers, students, graduates/alumni and partner companies to generate benefits in the professional and managerial performance of its graduates/alumni.
- Achieve an employability rate among graduates/alumni of close to 100%.
- Commit to the internationalisation of its students, lecturers and programmes.
- Ensure that the quality policy is understood and accepted by all CUNEF staff and is publicly available.
- Ensure that the CUNEF Internal Quality Assurance System remains effective and is periodically revised. As the figure responsible for this institution, I undertake to develop and implement this quality policy in order to achieve the highest possible level of performance among our students.
Ana Isabel Fernández Álvarez
Director of CUNEF
The Degree Quality Committee meets periodically over the course of the academic year, and at least twice per year. These meetings analyse information regarding the implementation of degree studies and the data revealed by the functioning of the quality assurance system. This review and study of information serves to identify areas for improvement that the Quality Committee conveys to CUNEF Management for approval and execution together with the tasks to be undertaken to eliminate any shortcomings.
The Degree Quality Committee maintains a register of quality improvements and strengths which it reviews and updates at least once per term, in accordance with the tasks being performed and the assessment of their impact.
Numerous improvement actions have been conducted since 2013 covering a wide range of aspects, resulting in managerial improvements and enhanced satisfaction among students and other stakeholders, alongside the public information made available about CUNEF itself and its academic offering, etc. Particular mention should be made by way of example of efforts to increase teaching coordination, to incorporate diploma supplements within the degree courses, to review and enhance the website and the information published there, etc.
For more specific and detailed information about how the Degree Quality Committee functions and the improvement proposals made, you may contact the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The employability of CUNEF alumni represents a variable which is analysed by the Quality Committees, serving to assess professional interest in the qualification while likewise ascertaining whether alumni have acquired the skills initially defined for the course.
This analysis will allow proposals to be made to improve the qualification, or to eliminate it if the figures are below 20% for 5 consecutive years. To this end CUNEF conducts yearly surveys of alumni, asking them directly, as set out in the SIGC, whether the training they received has or has not proved useful in the pursuit of their profession, and their professional position before (if any) and after completing the qualification.
CUNEF uses this information to conduct a study of whether the study curricula are appropriate or not, as well as the employability or professional prospects of alumni.
If you have any words of suggestion, complaint or acknowledgement that you would like to pass on to us about the Double Degree in Law and BBA, you may use this platform.