CUNEF has a close and active relationship with the business and professional world. The Careers Service actively manages the company professional placement, job offers, as well as the organisation of complementary seminars and activities, the main aim of which is to provide CUNEF students with all the necessary tools and skills, and also the best possible opportunities, to facilitate their incorporation into their first job and improve their professional development.
CUNEF students have the chance to take part in professional guidance activities including the following options:
- CUNEF employment forum: Every year companies and institutions from a range of economic and business sectors take part at the Employment Forum organised by CUNEF, offering students and companies the perfect platform to exchange experiences and discover in detail the procedures involved in selecting young university graduates for their first job.
- Company presentations and “on-campus” selection processes.
- Companies from the financial, consultancy, auditing and investment banking sectors frequently carry out election processes, presentations, specific seminars, etc., all developed in conjunction with the Careers Service and specially aimed at CUNEF graduates and postgraduates.
Practical company placement programs: external practical placements are ideally performed at establishments connected with the student’s chosen specialisation. A wide range of educational cooperation agreements are in place for this purpose with institutions, organisations and companies, covering a great many operational spheres. Business placements have an external tutor and an internal tutor assigned to them. The external tutor is a professional at the company where the placement is being performed, who directs, guides, supervises and evaluates the student’s practical activities. In evaluating these activities the external tutor appraises the abilities, skills and knowledge demonstrated by the students during their time at the host institution, using an assessment questionnaire designed by the External Practical Placement Coordinators. In order to ensure proper organisation and implementation of external practical placements, for each of the training pathways provided there will be an External Practical Placement Coordinator (internal tutor), who will be a lecturer at the postgraduate department responsible for organising the placements connected with the professional area of the pathway in question. The educational goals of external practical placements are:
- Understand the different fields of application of the Markets and Financial Institutions.
- Give students an insight into the realities of professional life.
- Integrate and consolidate the skills covered by the qualification in different professional fields.
- Seminars and practical activities for professional practice: participants can also attend a range of seminars and workshops focused on underpinning their specialist knowledge and skills for professional practice.
- Job Bank: CUNEF, in partnership with the CUNEF Alumni Association, administers the job offers regularly announced by companies and institutions.
 The professional practical placement (at least 150 hours) are carried out at companies or institutions that have signed the corresponding educational co-operation agreement wherever possible. CUNEF has a wide range of educational cooperation agreements in place for this purpose with institutions, legal practices, organisations and businesses in a range of industrial sectors. In any event, where the placement is performed depends on the agreements in place at any given time, and the offers announced by the partner companies and institutions. In addition to the criteria established in selection processes by each legal practice, company or institution at any given time. CUNEF does not decide who or where; these decisions are instead taken by the legal practices, companies or institutions. It is therefore their responsibility to find a company or institution where students can complete their placement. CUNEF does, of course, offer active advice and support. The students can potentially apply for the recognition of the practical placement subject if they can demonstrate prior professional experience or placements.