Paola Zanella holds a PhD in Business Administration and Management from Bocconi University, Milan (Italy). Her research interests are at the intersection between the areas of strategy and innovation management, with a particular attention to the role of demand. Through both empirical and conceptual works, she is currently exploring two main research streams. The first one focuses on understanding which strategies help incumbent firms to overcome discontinuous change, with an emphasis on industries affected by digitization. The second research stream instead is related to understanding at a micro level the mechanisms underpinning the creation of radically new value propositions. Her works have been presented at international conferences such as the Academy of Management and Strategic Management Society. She currently teaches at undergrad level, but she also taught Technology and Innovation Strategy at Master and MBA level at Bocconi University.
• Ph.D. in Business Administration and Management, Bocconi University, Italy, 2018
• MSc in Marketing Management, Bocconi University, Italy, 2012
• BA in Economics and Management in Arts, Culture and Communication, Bocconi University, Italy, 2009
Strategy, Innovation and Technological Change, Digitization, Creative Industries
• Professor, IE Business School, Madrid, 2018-2020.
• Lecturer, Bocconi University, Italia, 2015-2018.
• Lecturer, SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italia, 2017