Jiménez Fernández, Luis Alfredo
He is the Director of the Master in Financial Institutions and Markets and Lecturer of Finance at CUNEF (Financial Markets) with extensive and deep professional experience related to analysis and applied research in relation to financial markets. He is Director of Analysis and Studies of the Foundation of Financial Studies (FEF) and adviser in several societies. He has been an Independent Board Member of BME Clearing, S.A.U. and Member of the Risk and Audit Committee. He has been a member of the Advisory Committee of the CNMV on behalf of IEAF. He was a member of the research team of the ICO Foundation Chair for Financing SMEs in Spain. Bachelor of Economics and Business Administration (UCM) and Expert in Company Valuation (CEVE). Acts regularly as an expert and / or expert in courts and arbitration procedures and is the author of different professional opinions requested by companies and banks.
1979 Degree in Economics and Business Sciences (Universidad Complutense de Madrid). First cycle course at CEU (1974/1977).
2008 Certified Expert in Company Valuation (CEVE) issued by the Spanish Institute of Financial Analysts (IEAF) on April 28, 2008.
Financial markets. Financial analysis. Valuation of companies. Securitization of assets.
Since 2006 Foundation for Financial Studies (FEF). Director of Analysis and Studies. Responsible for the making, coordination and release of research publications made by FEF related to financial and stock markets. Panelist of the Awards of Research and Studies of FEF.
2013/2017 BME Clearing, S.A.U. Member of the Board of Directors (Independent Consultant). Member of the Risk Committee and the Audit Commission.
2007/2014 Bankinter Gestión de Activos, SGIIC, S.A. Member of the Board of Directors (Independent Consultant) and member of the Independent Control Commission.
2000/2005 Banco Pastor, S.A. Director of Treasury Division. Responsible for the Bank’s performance in the financial markets. Other responsibilities: Board Member and Vice-president of Mercavalor S.V.B. Chairman of Bolshispania Sicav and Inverpastor Sicav. Board Member of Gespastor SGIIC, S.A. (2001 to 2003).
1993/2000 Securities and Exchange Commission (CNMV). General Director of Primary Markets (1997/2000). Director of Secondary Markets Division of (1993/1997). Member of the Advisory Committee on the Public Debt Market (1993/2000). CNMV Delegate in the Board of Directors of the Service of Securities Clearing and Settlement (SCLV) (1993/1997). Member of Working Group nº 2 of IOSCO Technical Committee (1993/1997).
1988/1993 Banco Natwest España. Director of Treasury Division and Financial Area. Responsible for the Bank’s performance in the financial markets.
1981/1988 The Bank of Tokyo Ltd., Sucursal en España. Director of Treasury Division and Capital Markets (since 1985). Responsible for the Bank’s performance in the financial markets.
Publications in Scientific Journals
- “Las Cámaras de Contrapartida Central (CCPs): una “nueva” pieza en los mercados financieros” (con José J. Massa). Boletín de Estudios Económicos. Deusto Publications.
- "La economía sumergida en España". (with R. Martínez-Pardo). Work Document Nº 4 de la FEF. Foundation for Financial Studies (FEF). Julio 2013.
- “El gobierno corporativo y los resultados empresariales”. El sistema financiero y el gobierno corporativo. 40 Unacc. 2012.
- “El plan de acción de los servicios financieros y el mercado único: principales directivas comunitarias” (with A. Olcese). Curso de bolsa y mercados financieros. Ariel Economía. 2007.
- Co-direction of the work published by FEF “Las Cajas de Ahorros: modelo de negocio, estructura de la propiedad y gobierno corporativo” (Con J. Pérez y L. Fernández). Papeles de la Fundación nº 18. 2006.