Fernández Álvarez, Ana Isabel
Full Professor at Cunef since september 2014
Chair of Financial Economics at University of Oviedo since 1991. She has served as Dean of the School of Business and Economics of the University of Oviedo and as Vicechancellor for Research and Postgraduate Studies. In 2010 she has been appointed Member of the Board of the Comision Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV) for the period 2010-2014 where she has developped an international activity related with this position at the European Securities Market Authority (ESMA).
She has published an important number of papers and participated in international Conferences. She has been Chairmen of the Spanish Association of Business (ACEDE) and the Editor of Business Research Quarterly (BRQ, former CEDE).
She has developped an important professional activity in the Banking, Insurance and Capital Markets industry.
- PHD Economics and Business, Universidad de Oviedo, 1985.
- Degree Economics and Business, Universidad de Oviedo, 1981.
- Visiting Scholar Stern School of Business, NYU, 1994,1999, 2006.
Corporate Finance, Banking and Financial Regulation, Capital Markets.
- Member of the Board of BME since april 2018.
- Member of the Board of MAPFRE, S.A., since July 2016.
- Member of the Board of Spanish Securities Exchange Comission (CNMV), 2010-2014.
- Alternate Member of European Securitie Markets Authority (ESMA), 2011 – 2013.
- Vicechancellor Postgraduate stusies and Research of University of Oviedo (2000-2005).
Publications in Scientific Journals
- Fernández Ana I., González, F.y Suárez N.“Bank Supply Shocks and the substitution between bank and nonbank debt", Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol.48, 2018, 122-147.
- Cubillas, E., Fernández, Ana I. y Gonzalez, F.“How credible is a too-big-to-fail policy? International evidence from market discipline”, Journal of Financial Intermediation, Vol.29,2017, 46-67.
- Fernández Ana I., González, Francisco y Suárez Nuria.“Banking Stability, Competition, and Economic Volatility”, Journal of Financial Stability, Vol. 22, january 2016.
- Fernández, A. I.; González, F. y Suárez, N.,"The real effect of banking crises: Finance or Asset allocation effects? ", Journal of Banking and Finance, 37, (2013), 2419-2433.
- Fernández Álvarez, A. I.; González Rodríguez, F. y Suárez, N.,"How do bank competition, regulation, and institutions shape the real effect of banking crises?. International evidence". Journal of International Money and Finance, 33, (2013) 19–40·